Do you get this same problem when using AMSend directly? (Is it only a
problem with CollectionSend?)

EBUSY keeps getting returned because, well, the send isn't done (which
explains the sendDone never being called).
This is different then a plain-old FAILURE.
SUCCESS is returned the first time because it is accepted (not yet
busy) but it never calls the sendDone (as it's essentially holding up
the resource).
I suspect this is due to a lower-level component choking and holding up the end.

I don't have in-depth enough knowledge about the Collection
implementations, but I suspect that
(in priority of where I'd start looking)
1) No route is being found and it's waiting and waiting and ...
2) This is a symptom of one of the lower radio components blocking.
3) Some really funky stuff happening with the queues and internal state.

I would inspect the particular protocols top-layers, including
route/neighbor information, and see if canceling the send will allow
you to get another SUCCESS (even though sendDone should still never be
called if it is truly blocking.)

HTH,
Paul