Problem unclear. It sounds like you're trying to use apt-get without
having the correct repos setup or without the correct local package.
I just use the provided rpms (don't even bother with the alien/deb
conversions) because they install cleanly in the directory structure.

http://www.tinyos.net/tinyos-2.x/doc/html/install-tinyos.html

HTH,
Paul