On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 11:32 PM, Nahr ... <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> 2008/5/13 Nahr ... <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>>
>> Thank you very much.
>> yes yes colection concerns routing not link layer.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Nahr Elk

>>> Collection does not send an ack - it relies on link layer ack.

>>> CTP will usually retransmit 5-7 times before it switches the parent.
>>>
>>> - om_p
>
> I am sorry for asking the same question an  other time,
> but you said to me that  CTP retransmit 5-7 times before it switches the
> parent but when I look to the Forwarding engine I found that MAx-retries =
> 30 !!!
>
> so how do you calculate the number of packet retransmission?

When a re/transmission fails, that information is fed back to the link
estimator which will update the quality of the link. If there are a
few failures, the link estimator will have updated the quality of the
link to be low enough that you will have paths through other links
that are better than the path through the current parent. At that
point, you switch the parent. So, you are retransmitting to a parent a
few times before you switch to a new parent.

- om_p