Hi all,

I was wondering what the easiest way to send data out of the GIO.  For
example, I am trying to toy with the GIO and one of the test I am running is
to ensure that I can send the hex value 0x696A out of the GIO Pins.  I have
already tested the GIO to make sure that I can light up LEDs by just calling
the .set() and .clr() methods.

I currently have my fired method very simply:

    /**
     * Event Name : Timer1.fired()
     * This is what happens when the first timer is
     * fired.  Here we will parse the data and start
     * to spit it out byte by byte
     *
     */
    event void Timer1.fired() {
        // Set high on idle
        call GIOOutput.set();

        // Start transmitting
        (void) signalOutput(hex2Binary(hexDig));

        // Set high on idle
        call GIOOutput.set();
    }

Currently I have my hex value (hexDig) sent to a method hex2Binary which
acts as a lookup table to convert it to binary, then, parses a binary digit
at a time and sends it to signalOutput which decides to call either .clr()
or .set() depending on 1 or 0.  I assume that this is a very inefficient
method of doing so, and was wondering if someone could guide me in showing
me a simpler way of just sending the data bit by bit to the GIO.

Any help is much appreciated!

Paimon Sorornejad
[EMAIL PROTECTED]