Li, Zhen Li wrote:
> Hi
>
> Does anyone know how to set the baudrate in TinyOS 2.1 for MicaZ's or IRIS's
> UART0? I want to set the baudrate to 1200 and I know how to do the baudrate
> register's calculation but  don't know where to put those values. Also, how
> can I use the UART0 to read some bytes? Can anyone tell me something about
> the wiring?
>
> Thanks!

Hi Zhen!

In $TOSDIR/chips/atm128/HplAtm128UartP.nc there are functions to
initialize UART0/1. The both use command
call Atm128Calibrate.baudrateRegister(PLATFORM_BAUDRATE);
with parameter that is defined in
$TOSDIR/platforms/micaz/hardware.h
(I assume IRIS uses also this definition from micaz and not from mica,
because of the order of includes in $TOSDIR/platforms/iris/.platform)
So you should alter this parameter only in hardware.h

In
$TOSDIR/chips/atm128/Atm128UartP.nc
the command Init.init()
should be extended with new PLATFORM_BAUDRATE you want to use and the
appropriate new calculated value m_byte_time.

Hope I was not wrong. Best wishes,
Andrey