As an additional reference, check:
http://focus.ti.com/lit/an/slaa074/slaa074.pdf
(Controlling the DCO Frequency of the MSP430x11x)
which provides a calibration routine that uses the higher stability
crystal to compensate the DCO frequency error.

It is well known that the two dominant aspects that affect the freq of
a delay line ring oscillator are temperature and voltage. The neat
thing about the MSP430 is that it has a temperature sensor and a
voltage sensor built in. One would believe that using a combination of
the stable crystal and the two sensors, one could derive a stable
clock from the DCO at all temperatures and voltages (re-run
calibration only when the sensor values change).

Zainul.