Hi Carlos!

I had short conversation here with Janos regarding debugging with JTAG:
https://www.millennium.berkeley.edu/pipermail/tinyos-help/2008-September/036088.html
https://www.millennium.berkeley.edu/pipermail/tinyos-help/2008-October/036865.html

You have luck, you use MicaZ, because JTAGICE mkII has no clones at all!
There is only one/two attempt(s) to make one. And it is not a clone,
rather an implementation of the official protocol. So IRIS with
atmega1281 can't be debugged without an official device.

What I personally expected from JTAG, was the immediately reaction on
the commands like next, step. I tried it only with ddd (on Linux) with
USB Olimex adapter and the reaction was more often slow. So I have no
fun at all if I need to debug with JTAG. I hope I'd missing some
know-how, but I'm afraid I'm missing the habit.

Let us know your experience :)

Best wishes,
Andrey