Hi!

On Fri, 12 Dec 2008, Ramon Duato Navarro wrote:

Hi!
Maybe someone can help me.
I am working with TinyOs 2.1 and Micaz and want to understand
the link layer without using Packet Link Layer.

The Packet Link is implemented in chips/cc2420/link. The retransmission are implemented in PacketLinkP.nc from that place.

I hope this helps. :-)
Razvan ME

I am reading the CC2420Csma.nc CC2420TransmitP.nc file and I

 am getting a bit confused with the ACK's

In CC2420TransmitP.nc, when you send a packet and receive an ACK then you call

signalDone(SUCCESS);

and the sendDone event is signalled with SUCCESS.

But what happens when you don't receive the ACK??

As far as I have understood, you call
call BackoffTimer.start( CC2420_ACK_WAIT_DELAY )

and when this Timer expires you call again

signalDone(SUCCESS);

(since we are in the ACK_WAIT state)

So , there are no retransmissions and you do the same signalling as if you had
received the ACK.
Is that correct?
Thanks in advance!
Ramon.