Hi Tony,

When the supply voltage drops below a certain level, the microcontroller
starts to behave in an unpredictable way. Usually, after a reset
(without reprogramming) the microcontroller should be working again.

If your motes work after a reset (without reprogramming), then maybe you
would want to enable the brown-out detection. The brown-out detection
will reset the mote automatically for you (details see in the
data-sheet). This can be enabled with a programmable fuse (BODEN). This
detection will, however, consume additional energy even in sleep modes.

Cheers,
Urs