On Feb 24, 2009 6:58pm, Parkurm <park...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 3:00 PM, w.david...@gmail.com> wrote:

Thank you all for the responses.

It looks like going for Linux (either virtual or real) is the best option for development. Hardware doesn't matter as none of the platform provides SDR capability anyway.

Another question about tools/source install for TinyOS 2.1: Is there any one stop shop that ALL necessary packages can be downloaded and installed at once? Or do I have to go through the 5 or 6 steps to do all these manually? From what I have read, the one stop option (Linux Live CD) doesn't currently work. So the next option is a two-step approach using apt-get. But the "sudo apt-get install tinyos" failed in my case because it complained about lots of missing dependencies. So my conclusion is you have to do this manually. Did I miss something?
Doesn't apt-get install all the missing dependencies automatically?

That's what I thought it should have done but it didn't. So this made me wondering if this was my fault or someone else out there had the same experience.

Thanks.

David