On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 14:25:29 +0800
Pratibha S <psund...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Is there any limit to the packet size inclusive of all the headers and crc?
> The CC2420 TEP, says that the max size is 128 bytes according to 802.15.4
> spec, but it also says that you can increase the size by changing the
> TOSH_DATA_LENGTH with a trade-off of potential interferences. Can I assume
> that excepting the consequences, there is no limit on the packet size?
>
> Regards,
> Pratibha

Hi!
I send packets with a size of 133 bytes (5 bytes head and 128bytes
payload) and I have not any problem. Anyway, I remember when I started
with tinyos and mica2 motes, that packet size over almost 200 bytes
give me problems. I think it must be any hardware limitation, but I
didn't read the radio transceiver (in this case a cc1000)
documentantion.

If you need to know this, you should read your radio transceiver
datasheet (it shoud be a cc2420 or a cc1000 chip) and the interfaces
used to send messages over radio to see if there is any hardware/tinyos
limitation.

cheers

--
Nunca confies en un S.O. del que no tienes código fuente ;-)

Javier Almansa Sobrino.
Ingeniero Técnico en Informática de Sistemas.

FSF #7032 Member (www.fsf.com)

Grupo de Investigación ARCo.
Escuela Superior de Informática. Ciudad Real
Tel: (+34)926 29 53 00 Ext: 3705