Hi Miklos!

Miklos Maroti wrote:
> Hi Andrey,
>
>> But regarding ACKs. There are some statistics for default MAC with 2
>> motes (only the first mote sends):
>> ACK default: 160 packets/s
>> noAck:       160
>> requestAck:  145
>> So the ACKs seem to be off by default. And ACKs cost almost nothing at
>> all. Could it be possible?
>
> Yes, I have checked the code and the NOACK is the default. The ACK
> does not take too much time (no backoff, just reply), so it is quite
> possible that you do not see too much drop in the data rate. You could
> check if the packets were really acknowledged, that would be also a
> good data point (so the acks really got delivered).

While two motes are close to each other, there is neither packet loss
nor ack loss. So ACKs are being delivered approx. 9.7 times faster than
normal messages. The backoff is really big enemy of theoretically 250
kbit/s. It seems, the full speed could be easy reachable but with
aggressive backoff, which I suppose is not desirable for lower power
sensor networks. But for laboratory workspace with 3-5 motes it is
interesting :)

Andrey