You need to somehow include the getenv and toscomm (or win32com, or
whatever version you are using) native libraries, as well as the
properties file, in your package and then get them installed in the
right places in your JRE. I don't think you can do that with a
straight-up jar file so you may need an "install" phase which copies
stuff to the right locations.

This is one of those funny oversights in the TOS system. I had to
reverse engineer the tmote download and runtime to figure out the
minimum file set needed for a run-time-only system.

MS

Rodrigo Souza Granja wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i'm trying to create a jar file to run my TinyOs java application in a
> machine without tinyOS environment. The problem is that i always got the
> following error:
>
> getenv JNI library not found. Env.getenv will not work
> (please consult installation directions in
> tinyos-1.x/tools/java/net/tinyos/util/Env.INSTALL)
> java.io.IOException: Invalid port. No comm ports found!
>
> I've tried to put the 'jni/ folder', the 'javax.comm.properties' and the
> 'comm.jar' files inside the jar and in the manifest.mf classhpath, but i
> still get the error.
>
> Can anyone help me?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Rodrigo