Is there a way to set variables of nesC module using the python script (i am
working with TOSSIM)?
In other words, i want to set a value(a randomly generated value) to a
variable in a module, such that all nodes read the same value. What I am
trying to do is, generate that random number in the script and set it to all
nodes. Is this possible? or is there any other easy way to do this?

>On Mar 18, 2007, at 1:15 PM, fatima cabot wrote:

> Hi. Is there a way of setting variables of nesc modules from Python?
> I mean, as there is a 'getData', is it possible to do a 'set'?is
> there any different way of getting this?
>

>>No. Otherwise you start ending up with application logic in python
>>and you're not longer really simulating a TinyOS network.
>>One simple to do this is to have a packet type that lets you set the
>>variable, and sending a packet to a node over its UART. This will
>>also work on real nodes.
>>Phil

Best of regards!

lasanthi