The general idea is that the radio layers ignore messages
tagged with a gourpID that doesn't match the one with which the
code was compiled. The radio bandwidth is still used as only one
mote, of any group on that channel, can transmit at a time.

Another way to avoid overlap is to assign different radio channels
at compile time. Then it's likely that they don't talk to each other
at all.

MS

Maisa Ben Jamaa wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I saw in some WSN courses that selecting an Active Message GroupID leads
> to avoid packet collisions.
> How could this be done? I didn't much realize the influence of a GroupID
> packet field on a collision avoidance mechanism.
>
> Thanks for any help.
>

> Regards,
> m_benj

Platform: WinXP/Cygwin