The disappearing mote's time sync is probably getting un-sunk.
If that's the case (as I've seen in other low-power systems --
I've never used Route however), there'll be a lot of digging
in the low level code to see where and how. One way to "fix"
things is to do a watchdog reboot if a re-Mote feels it is
out of touch. This should force a re-connection to the Borg.

MS