There is a very specific way to name the enum for the AM type in
tinyos-1.x, depending on the name of the message struct.
This does not seem to be the case in tinyos-2.x (or the scheme, if any,
escapes me)

Is it then the case that the AM type specification of an AMSenderC is
decoupled from the payload structure it is meant to handle?

This coupling however does exist in the net.tinyos.message.Message class
that mig produces for java out of the corresponding header file.