You should be able to use the demo apps Oscilloscope, Sense,
CntToRfm, or others to send periodic messages formatted in
the TOS manner. It will require installing the whole enchilada
in order to get the necessary tools to do the compile and
download, but no actual programming is involved. Look at the
first couple sections of the doc/tutorial for further info.

MS