On Oct 26, 2009, at 2:10 PM, Peterskurt wrote:

>> Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 14:27:16 -0400
>> From: Jinkyu Koo <k...@purdue.edu>
>> Subject: [Tinyos-help] segmentation fault
>> To: Tinyos-help@millennium.berkeley.edu
>>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> Have you ever see "segmentation fault" error message which stops
>> TOSSIM
>> running?
>> In tutorial page, it is told that it may be caused by gcc version
>> conflict. But I wonder if there can be any other reason for this.
>>
>> Any help is appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Jinkyu Koo
>
> I've received a segmentation fault when I cast the payload of an
> AMMessage to too long or short of my data type.
> Kurt

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Segmentation_fault

"A segmentation fault occurs when a program attempts to access a
memory location that it is not allowed to access, or attempts to
access a memory location in a way that is not allowed (for example,
attempting to write to a read-only location, or to overwrite part of
the operating system)."

You have a memory access bug in your program.

Phil