If I use TinyOS-2.1.0,  files myRootDir/support/make/*.extra can be
recognized by the pre-compiler; However, if I use TinyOS-2.x cvs, then it
does not work.

It looks like Makerules file in CVS is changed a bit compared to the one in
tinyos-2.1.0

TinyOS-2.1.0:
 "TOSMAKE_PATH += $(TINYOS_MAKE_PATH)"
===>