Nikos,

I don't entirely agree with you:

   1. "The BaseStation app will forward anything..." - but with what AM type
   to what destination address?
   2. I added printf in UartReceive.receive, and then sent the following:
   "0x01" - Nothing happened
   "0xFF" - the print worked
   I think that the reason is the first byte is the destination address
   (since the UART works with AM layer).
   3. I want to work with C and I couldn't find any examples working with
   MIG (only Java examples).

Arik

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 11:52, Nikos Batalas <nikosbata...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Arik,
>
> I don't think you need to worry about the message format on the level of
> either the BaseStation or the SerialForwarder.
>
> The BaseStation app will forward anything it receives to serial forwarder,
> and so will the latter to whoever is connected with it.
>
> It should be your own application's responsibility (using the java sdk and
> mig-generated classes, for example) to make sense of what the bytes in the
> payload mean.
>
> Best Regards,
> Nikos
>

> Arik Sapojnik wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'd like to use Serial Forwarder + Base Station application in order to
>> connect my PC with my motes' network.
>> What should be the format of the message I send to SF?
>> It seems that it supposes to be message_t, but if so, does it mean I have
>> to implement the whole Packet interface? It can't be true :)
>>

>> --
>> Best Regards,
>> Arik Sapojnik
>> sapoj...@gmail.com <mailto:sapoj...@gmail.com>