Hi!

On Fri, 11 Dec 2009, deeksha g rao sahib wrote:

>> Hi!
>>
>> On Fri, 11 Dec 2009, deeksha g rao sahib wrote:
>>
>>> Hey,
>>> I am using telosb and tinyos-2.x.
>>
>> By tinyos-2.x do you mean the latest CVS/GIT?
>
>  its the tinyos 2.1.0 I am not using the latest CVS/GIT.

Can you give a try to the latest CVS/GIT? I committed a bunch of fixes from
then.

>>> I want to run my application code several times. So I need to reboot the
>>> remote motes with the same image more than once.
>>> These are the steps that I am following.
>>> 1.install Goldenimage- with light basestation enabled, to all the remote
>>> motes.I am also giving the ids here.
>>> 2.install Goldenimage- with basestation enabled to BS.
>>> 3.enable CFLAGS += -DDELUGE_LIGHT_BASESTATION to Makefile of
>>> deluge/Blink,compile and inject to BS as image 2.
>>> 4.use d2 to disseminate this image to remote motes.
>>> 5.enable CFLAGS += -DDELUGE_BASESTATION to Makefile of
>>> deluge/Blink,compile and inject to BS as image 2.
>>
>> You should not overwrite the volume 2 while you are still disseminating
>> it. The image from step 5 is only needed by BS so you could put it in
>> volume 3 for example.
>
> I am doing step 5 only after the dissemination is complete.I give a 2min
> gap and say local stop before going to step 5.
>
> I could have put it in volume 3 if I was dealing with only one image.I
> have both the blink and my application code to put in.

I don't think I understand. The volumes can be used this way:
- volume 1: your app
- volume 2: deluge/Blink with DELUGE_LIGHT_BASESTATION
- volume 3: deluge/Blink with DELUGE_BASESTATION

Now you should be able to do -dr 2 to get the non-BS nodes to run the
deluge/Blink proper for them, -r 1 to get the BS to run the deluge/Blink
for it and -dr 1 to get the non-BS nodes to run your app. Am I missing
something?

--
Razvan ME

>>> 6.repeat steps 3,4,5 for my application code.
>>
>> Where does the application code goes? Volume 1?
>
> yes, application code is stored in volume 1
>

>> --
>> Razvan ME
>>
>>> 7.dr1 to reboot remote motes.
>>> 8.r1 to reboot BS.