Hi,

Perhaps you should consider a sliding window mechanism, TCP style.
BTW - how can you receive duplicate packets? The only reason I see - it can
happen when the sender didn't receive the ack, although the receiver did
send it. In this case, the sender will send the again the same packet.
In this scenario - you need only the previous packet number.

Arik

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 11:48, jcarneiro <jcarne...@netcabo.pt> wrote:

>  Hello all,
>
> To prevent duplicate packets you would look at the origin and sequence
> number.
> This would then assume that you maintain a list of packets from every
> origin meaning probably memory problems, and possibly speed inserting
> new/checking duplicates.
> My question is what data structure are you using to store this? I would
> assume a hash but I guess that's huge for the microchip. And how many
> packets do you store per origin as they may be delivered in a different
> order?
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Joao

Best Regards,