Hi,

thank you for your advise. I tried to build the mica2 target, but I didn't
succeed.
It seems that the CC1000 is not ready for the new LPL implementation. There is
no command "setLocalWakeupInterval" in the CC1000 LPL interface.

Should LPL work with CTP with my changes described below?

Sorry I made a wrong description of the failure in my last email.
I try to simulate CTP with LPL in Avrora and it seems that the packets are
sent with lpl behavior (so they have a long preamble), but no packets are
received. (But the applications "TestLpl" and "MViz" are working fine with the
same configuration)

Best Regards
Richard Figura

Am Freitag, 15. Januar 2010 17:38:15 schrieb Razvan Musaloiu-E.:
> Hi!
>
> On Wed, 6 Jan 2010, Richard Figura wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I tried to run ctp together with lpl on a mica2 mote. I used MViz (demo
> > app) as ctp implementation and tried to add lpl support. It seems that
> > the listening part of lpl just works fine, but the motes don't send their
> > packages with lpl behavior.
> >
> > My changes in "MVizC.nc" are:
> >
> > in "Boot.booted():"
> >        call LowPowerListening.setLocalSleepInterval(250);
> >
> > in "event void Timer.fired()" just before  "if (call Send.send(&sendbuf,
> > sizeof(local)) == SUCCESS)"
> >
> >        call LowPowerListening.setRxSleepInterval(&sendbuf, 250);
> >
> > My changes in "MVizAppC.nc" are:
> >
> >        components CC1000CsmaRadioC as LplRadio;
> >        MVizC.LowPowerListening -> LplRadio;
> >
> > I see that Collection has its own send implementation in
> > "CtpForwardingEngineP.nc" there it uses AMSend. Would this be the right
> > place to implement Low Power Listening for fast results, or did I miss
> > something else? Perhaps there is a way that does not affect the ctp
> > implementation as well?
>
> In the latest CVS the global LPL settings can be controlled from the
> Makefile. You can take a look at apps/test/TestNetworkLpl to see this in
> action. The relevant lines are:
>
> CFLAGS += -DLOW_POWER_LISTENING
> CFLAGS += -DLPL_DEF_LOCAL_WAKEUP=512
> CFLAGS += -DLPL_DEF_REMOTE_WAKEUP=512
> CFLAGS += -DDELAY_AFTER_RECEIVE=20
>
> All the best!
> Razvan ME

make mica2

mkdir -p build/mica2

    compiling TestNetworkLplAppC to a mica2 binary

ncc -o build/mica2/main.exe  -Os -fnesc-separator=__ -Wall -Wshadow -Wnesc-all
-target=mica2 -fnesc-cfile=build/mica2/app.c -board=micasb
-DDEFINED_TOS_AM_GROUP=0x22 --param max-inline-insns-single=100000
-DLOW_POWER_LISTENING -DLPL_DEF_LOCAL_WAKEUP=512 -DLPL_DEF_REMOTE_WAKEUP=512
-DDELAY_AFTER_RECEIVE=20 -I. -I../TestNetwork
-I/home/theseus/local/src/tinyos-2.x/tos/lib/net
-I/home/theseus/local/src/tinyos-2.x/tos/lib/net/drip
-I/home/theseus/local/src/tinyos-2.x/tos/lib/net/4bitle
-I/home/theseus/local/src/tinyos-2.x/tos/lib/net/ctp -DNO_DEBUG
-DIDENT_APPNAME=\"TestNetworkLplA\" -DIDENT_USERNAME=\"theseus\"
-DIDENT_HOSTNAME=\"Tethis\" -DIDENT_USERHASH=0x34c584aaL
-DIDENT_TIMESTAMP=0x4b577b5cL -DIDENT_UIDHASH=0x3218fb65L -fnesc-dump=wiring
-fnesc-dump='interfaces(!abstract())' -fnesc-dump='referenced(interfacedefs,
components)' -fnesc-dumpfile=build/mica2/wiring-check.xml TestNetworkLplAppC.nc
-lm

In file included from TestNetworkLplAppC.nc:18:

In component `TestNetworkLplC':

TestNetworkLplC.nc: In function `SerialControl.startDone':

TestNetworkLplC.nc:63: interface has no command or event named
`setLocalWakeupInterval'

In file included from
/home/theseus/local/src/tinyos-2.x/tos/system/LplAMSenderC.nc:16,

                 from
/home/theseus/local/src/tinyos-2.x/tos/system/AMSenderC.nc:51,

                 from
/home/theseus/local/src/tinyos-2.x/tos/lib/net/drip/DisseminationEngineP.nc:63,
                 from
/home/theseus/local/src/tinyos-2.x/tos/lib/net/drip/DisseminationC.nc:50,
                 from TestNetworkLplAppC.nc:19:
In component `LplAMSenderP':
/home/theseus/local/src/tinyos-2.x/tos/system/LplAMSenderP.nc: In function
`AMSend.send':
/home/theseus/local/src/tinyos-2.x/tos/system/LplAMSenderP.nc:15: interface has
no command or event named `setRemoteWakeupInterval'
In component `LplAMSenderC':
/home/theseus/local/src/tinyos-2.x/tos/system/LplAMSenderC.nc: At top level:
/home/theseus/local/src/tinyos-2.x/tos/system/LplAMSenderC.nc:26: no match
In component `TestNetworkLplAppC':
TestNetworkLplAppC.nc:55: no match