On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 23:50, Attila Strba <st...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>

> I am trying to port the TinyOS to the Dolphin EO3000I chip from EnOcean and
> I have a poblem with the Timer precission.
>
> As I read from the TEP 102, it is written that the HLP timer interface
> should provide either 32kHz or 1ms or 1us tick precision. The Dolphin runs
> on 16MHz clock. The Timer0 I am trying to use is 16bit, uses the same clock
> source and it has the possibility to use either 2,4,8 prescaler. But that's
> all, so in best case using prescaler 8 I would get 0.5us pro 1 tick.

The TEP 102 is only specifying how the HIL _must_ look, and provides
examples how the lib/timer components can be used to build a flexible HAL
layer. The HPL component interfaces are fully driven by the hardware
characteristics, so you can do whatever you like there.

> My question is what to do with this? I am far away from the values TEP102
> considers. The transformation components are only for the width adjustment
> right? (i.e. TransformAlarmC).
> Or should I manually adjust the values I get through the HPL interface
>  using constants (multiplication of the input values by 2) such way that I
> get 1us interface?

My suggestion is to expose the maximal precision on HPL and as
Counters/Alarms on HAL level and then use TransformAlarmC which also
transforms precision (to a lower one) to provide the HIL.

Vlado