With TosThreads there are at least two different levels of Boot.booted,
TinyOSMainP.TinyOSBoot.booted and TinyOSMainP.Boot.booted.

The first, TinyOSMainP.TinOSBoot.booted, is what gets signalled after the
Thread start runs (it needs to run first before any of the normal TinyOS
initilization starts up because it wraps the TinyOS stuff inside a thread).
 What gets run as part of TinyOSMainP.TinyOSBoot.booted is all the normal
TinyOS initilization code, platform.init etc.

When the init code is done, then TinyOSMainP.Boot.booted is signaled when
tells the rest of the system to go ahead.

For TOSThreads to work it wraps the main TOS task level (sync level) in a
thread, the TOSThread.

You can figure all this out for yourself, by looking at the generated app.c
and searching for TinyOSMainP__TinyOSBoot__booted and following the calls
backwards.  That provides some level of insight and perhaps makes
deciphering the wiring easier.

TOSThreads was added sometime after the initilization code existed for
TinyOS 2.   So what was done was to simply wrap the TinyOS initilization
code in some TOSThreads start up code.  Once this code executes, then it
make good sense for the TinyOS startup code to run.  It is similar to an
operating system with many more resources such as virtual memory.  It first
establishes the environment for the executing code and then that code
executes its initilization code.

And it really does just work.  So I'll byte why do you "need" an answer for
this?

eric

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 3:11 PM, sadun silva <silva.sa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> Sorry for multiple copies. I really need to  find an answer for this.

I was going thru the TOSThreads code related to boot. When I looked through
> TinyOSMainP I found out that we are initializing platform & software
> specific components after boot.booted event.
>
> As far as I understand these things are already being done before the
> boot.booted event is signaled.
>

> Is this what is happening?  If I’m wrong let me know.
>

> Thanks in advance.

Eric B. Decker
Senior (over 50 :-) Researcher