De: tinyos-help-boun...@millennium.berkeley.edu
[mailto:tinyos-help-boun...@millennium.berkeley.edu] En nombre de zhihua
wang
Enviado el: miƩrcoles, 21 de abril de 2010 21:31
Para: tinyos-help@millennium.berkeley.edu
Asunto: [Tinyos-help] How to retrieve data from sensors?

Hi there,

Our lab has recently purchased a few crossbow wireless sensor network.
We follow the quick start guide and set up the virtual serial port on
the PC. But there is no information on how to retrieve data from the
sensors. We checked the website, it is for tinyos 2.x, but what we
installed from the CD (with the shipment of the sensors) is version 1.x.
We also tried to follow the tutorial in the documentation center,
"Lesson 6: Displaying Data on a PC". To start using the Oscilloscope
GUI, it says

1. To run the serial forwarder, cd to tools/java and run the program

  java net.tinyos.sf.SerialForwarder -comm ser...@com1:<baud rate>

2. Leaving the serial forwarder running, execute the command

  java net.tinyos.oscope.oscilloscope

This will pop up a window containing a graphical display of the sensor
readings from the mote.

It is simply too brief for  to be followed: in which window shall we run
these commands (cywin? java?)? under which directory should it be run?
Similar problem with the online help in http://www.tinyos.net/. What
exactly shall we do to view and retrieve data onto a computer? Please
advice. Thank you in advance.

Best

Zhihua