Hi Yusnaidi,

The value shown by the Java application are the RSSI value read by the
receiving node, that is a value generated by the radio chip according
to its datasheet. Because the value is calculated by using signal
strength it is influenced by the output power settings of the
transmitting node, but it depends also on many others environment
factors: distance, multi-path, fading, and so on, for further
investigation I would suggest you to look at the paper [1]  were
Figure 2 shows how the RSSI changes even if the distance between nodes
do not change.
If you want to convert the value shown by java to the dBm value you
have to look at the datasheet of the radio chip that is used by your
nodes. For example, in case of the IRIS which uses the AT86RF230 radio
the return value should be decrease by 91, thus if the java
application running on an IRIS shows 35 it means that the received
value is -56 dBm.

Best regards,
Stefano "Kismet" Lenzi

[1] - http://wnlab.isti.cnr.it/paolo/papers/ICC09-Final.pdf