There are various ways to read/write controller pins in TOS.
I only use TOS1.x which had a set of macros:
     TOSH_ASSIGN_PIN(PWM1Aout, B, 5);   // port,pin B5a == PWM1Aout
     TOSH_MAKE_PWM1Aout_OUTPUT();
     TOSH_CLR_PWM1Aout_PIN();
     TOSH_SET_PWM1Aout_PIN();
There are often modules to do the same thing with names like:
     MSP430GeneralIO.nc

Under T2 things have probably been more regularized...

But you want to get to ports on a peripheral device, which
may not be directly connected to controller pins. You'd have
to examine the schematic to see how they are attached, and
look for drivers for the board that might provide access.
For instance, Xbow Moteworks has this intriguing file:
     opt/MoteWorks/tos/sensorboards/mda300/DioM.nc

MS