I don't know if there are any actual guidelines for
how long one can busy-wait, but I would avoid anything
beyond the low two digits of micro-seconds. Waiting
blocks Task execution which is necessary for the Timer
and Radio (at minimum) code to work properly.

TOS1 had a TimerJiffyAsync module that behaved (sorta)
like the regular TimerM, but with a 32us resolution.

MS