You don't have the tinyos tools installed in root, i.e., don't use sudo!

your /opt/tinyos-2.1.1 directory probably has the wrong permissions.
Two sollutions:
1. use a TinyOS VM with all the tools correctly installed
2. sudo chmod asus:asus /opt/tinyos-2.1.1 -R
    cd /opt/tinyos-2.1.1/apps/Blink
    make telosb

Cheers,

- Thomas