Sinan,

I actually have an alternative cc2420 radio stack implementation under
tinyos-2.x-contrib/vu that does what you want. That is, the msp430
timer subsystem is reprogrammed such that timer A is the 32kHz timer
and timer B is the micro timer. The radio stack uses the micro timer
for timestamping, gets rid of the timestamp queue (historically a
source of lots of bugs), eliminates spurious acks (no ack is sent out
unless received packet is accepted by higher layers of the radio
stack), and much more. It doesn't do security, though.This stack uses
the same driver infrastructure as the rf2xx stack for the iris.

To use my cc2420 stack, follow the steps below:
1. Make sure you have the latest tinyos sources (google code SVN or
sourceforge CVS are both fine).
2. Check out tinyos-2.x-contrib/vu from the CVS at sourceforge.
3. Do a cd to the local directory where tinyos-2.x-contrib/vu is
checked out, and type "source setenv" (without the double quotes) to
set up some environment variables.
4. Change "include $(MAKERULES)" to "include $(VUMAKERULES)" in the
applications makefile. This will make sure that the code in the
tinyos-2.x-contrib/vu tree takes precedence over the ones in the main
tinyos tree.
5. Compile the application with make telosb as usual.

Janos