Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I guess there is some misunderstanding here. When I say ETX, I mean ETX from
the neighbor to the root, not the ETX of the local link to the neighbor.
Let's call this ETX the node ETX for ease of exposition. If the network
layer can find some existing neighbor in neighbor table with worse node ETX
than the new neighbor and recommends insertion, why the underlying estimator
simply evicts a random neighbor regardless of its node ETX? This can evict a
neighbor with smaller node ETX. Look forward to your further explanation.

--
-Xiaohui Liu