On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 1:03 PM, Aldo Insfran <insfran.a...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
> I'm having problems with an application, the thing is simple, the mote is
> supposed to to communicate with an external module using Uart0TX and Rx of
> the U28 expansion port while using the ipv6 stack,
> In can initialize the ipv6 stack without problems and then I ping to the
> mote...
> Then, I request the Uart resource from Msp430Uart0C()
> the event granted is signaled... and then I can send commands with Uart0...
> but... then the mote stop pinging
> thats not the problem... that is supposed to happen I guess because the
> CC2420 shares the bus with uart0...
> the problem is that I can not release the resource... when I do:
> Recurso.release() it returns FAIL... meaning that I am not the owner of the
> resource... why is that happening???
> please I need help!!!
> Is there any example of using the blip stack and the Uart0 module at the
> same time???

I tried this a while ago.  I got it working acceptably, but I did
occasionally see the release() FAIL but was never to track down the
cause.  Using the uart0, even for a short time does cause packet loss.
 However, if you keep access to the uart0 occasional and short
(<100ms) it should work.

You can look at my sources at http://thor.mines.edu/~amarchio/Modbus/