Hi,

Try out the sequence of commands given below. This is what I use. Also it
is not clear which program you are using to test dissemination.

1. cd $TOSROOT/apps/tests/deluge/GoldenImage

2. make telosb install,52 bsl,/dev/ttyUSB1-with CFLAGS+=-DELUGE_BASESTATION

3. make telosb install,XXX bsl,/dev/ttyUSB2-with
CFLAGS+=-DELUGE_LIGHT_BASESTATION

Now all the nodes have Golden image in them with proper ids. Next the
application program, say Blink has to be disseminated to all the nodes
from the Basestation. It is not required that they be connected to the
same system. They just need to be powered. One important thing here is
that the application code must contain deluge. Take a look at
BlinkAppC.nc.

cd $TOSROOT/apps/tests/deluge/Blink
Take a look at BlinkAppC.nc.

4. Include CFLAGS+=-DELUGE_LIGHT_BASESTATION in Makefile. This is because
you have to first inject to BS and disseminate the code specific to non-BS
motes.

5. /usr/bin/tos-deluge /dev/ttyUSB0 telosb -i 1 build/telosb/tos_image.xml

6. /usr/bin/tos-deluge /dev/ttyUSB0 telosb -d 1 - this command will only
disseminated the code to non-BS motes. You can also use

/usr/bin/tos-deluge /dev/ttyUSB0 telosb -dr 1  - which will disseminate
the code and all the non-BS motes will reboot with this and so you should
be able to see the nodes blinking.

7. Include CFLAGS+=-DELUGE_BASESTATION in the Makefile.

8. /usr/bin/tos-deluge /dev/ttyUSB0 telosb -i 1 build/telosb/tos_image.xml

9. Here you should be a little careful. If you used command in step 6, then

10. /usr/bin/tos-deluge /dev/ttyUSB0 telosb -dr 1 - we only disseminated
the code before so now reboot the motes to run blink prog.
11. /usr/bin/tos-deluge /dev/ttyUSB0 telosb -r 1 - reboot BS with blink.

else,

10. The non-BS motes are already in blink prog so just boot BS with the
same. /usr/bin/tos-deluge /dev/ttyUSB0 telosb -r 1

I suggest you use the second command in step 6 so that you can straight
away solve your problem of not being able to reboot with new code.

> From: eced...@ece.iisc.ernet.in
>
>> From my experience with deluge, if you opt for 'disseminate and reboot'
>> option, the program gets disseminated and all the nodes now reboot with
>> this code. You can verify this by ping command and find the name in the
>> Currently Executing: part. Could you tell me the exact sequence of the
>> commands that you are using here? And also a flag in the Makefile has to
>> be changed for basestation and non-basestation motes.
>
> Hi,
>
> First, thanks for your help.
>
> This is the method I have used:
>
> cd to tosboot directory
>
> make telosb
>
> cd $TOSROOT/apps/tests/deluge/Basestation
>
> make telosb install,52 bsl,/dev/ttyUSB1
>
> tos-deluge serial@/dev/ttyUSB1:115200 -i 0 build/telosb/tos_image.xml
>
> cd $TOSROOT/apps/tests/deluge/GoldenImage
>
> make telosb install,XXX bsl,/dev/ttyUSB2
>
> tos-deluge serial@/dev/ttyUSB2:115200 -i 0 build/telosb/tos_image.xml
>
> Repeat previous two commands for each node.
>
> To test dissemination:
>
> make telosb
>
> tos-deluge serial@/dev/ttyUSB1:115200 -i 1 build/telosb/tos_image.xml
>
> tos-deluge serial@/dev/ttyUSB1:115200 -dr 1
>

> Result with CVS version: Code disseminates, nodes reprograms, node
> requires tap on reset button to start up.
>
> Result with new version: No code dissemination occurs: no nodes overhear
> data exchange.
>
> The main problem I would really like to solve, even if I have to code it
> myself, is to have the nodes properly reset at the end so that they do not
> need to be reset using the button.
>
> I'm assuming that Basestation and GoldenImage do not require
> CFLAGS+=-DELUGE_LIGHT_BASESTATION or whatever to be included on the
> command line since this appears in the Makefile.
>
> Any help appreciated!
>

> --
> believed to be clean.

--Deeksha