Hi All,

I am trying to install TinyOS on a new mac book pro with Snow Leopard 10.6.4.

I am following these instructions
http://research-machine.blogspot.com/2010/01/how-to-install-tinyos-2-on-macosx-106.html

and I have also tried these
http://docs.tinyos.net/index.php/Installing_TinyOS-2.x_on_Mac_OS_X_(Snow_Leopard)

But both seem to fail at this hurdle.

So when I try to install the tinyow2.x toolset I bootstrap and configure it
with no warnings but then when I make it I get the following when it gets to
serial:

Making all in serial
g++ -O2 -bundle
"-I/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/CurrentJDK/Headers" \
         -o libtoscomm.jnilib NativeSerial_darwin.cpp
NativeSerial_darwin.cpp: In member function 'void
NativeSerial::errno_wrap(bool, const char*)':
NativeSerial_darwin.cpp:88: error: 'strerror' was not declared in this scope
NativeSerial_darwin.cpp: In static member function 'static std::string
NativeSerial::getTOSCommMap()':
NativeSerial_darwin.cpp:515: error: 'getenv' was not declared in this scope
make[3]: *** [libtoscomm.jnilib] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Does anyone know the solution to this please? I am starting to think one of
these has been compiled for 32-bit while snow leopard is 64 bit but im not sure
when to try next.

Any ideas or help would be great,

Regards,

Seamus