Presuming you are wired the way I said, the ADC input of the
micro-controller is now in parallel with your sensor. You can
use the {guessed,calculated,speced} input impedance to figure
out a more exact resistor divider. There are devices that have
much higher impedance where you might have to worry about the
input, but given that your sensor divider seems to be an order
of magnitude smaller than the input it probably doesn't make
much difference.

To guesstimate the input impedance, wire a variable resistor from
the Vref directly to the ADC input similar to what you had before.
In this case, the bottom half of your resistor divider would be
the input itself. Then you could twiddle the pot around until you
got a half-scale ADC reading. So the input impedance would be equal
to the resistor value.

good luck...
MS