Dear Sir,

   The problem and its cause can be summarized as follows.

   In the case of CTP, I guess it is required to set LPL variables (local
and remote sleep intervals) from the Makefile. Otherwise, I guess no
preamble is sent before transmitting routing beacons thus resulting in
unexpected behavior. Instead of defining LPL variables in the Makefile, I
was using LowPowerListeniing interface to set LPL variables from the
application. The interface allows to set local sleep interval, and remote
wake-up interval for only the data packets that I send from the
application and this does not have any effect on beacon transmission.

   As you suggested, I tested without CTP, program works without any
problems in both the cases of on setting LPL variables from the Makefile
and application. As no routing beacons are involved, behavior is
independent of the location from where I set LPL variables.

Please correct me if my understanding is wrong.

Further, what is the reason for not having the LPL to use default preamble
length for outgoing packets based on local sleep interval (that is set
using the command setLocalWakeupInterval()). I understand that the command
setRemoteWakeupInterval allows to handle different sleep intervals. But is
is typical to have different schedules for different nodes ? and moreover,
this requires every forwarder to know the sleep interval of its next hop.

Thanking you,
D. Manjunath