I don't use T2 so I can't help trace through TestSerial,
message and packet are the underlying classes for messaging
but they may be extended somehow for the program. Perhaps
there is some other documentation if you search.

I have a rather convoluted example of bi-directional
communication here if you want to see a different approach
using TOS1.x:
     http://www.etantdonnes.com/Motes/robocode.tar.gz

MS