Hello,

I am using low power listening and the blip stack on CC2420 (TelosB) and I'm trying to measure how long the radiochip stays in OFF, Sleep, Idle, RX and TX mode. The target is to understand how much the density of the network influence the power consumption due to the radiochip usage.

As first attempt I tried using a timer in order to measure the time between CC2420.startVRegDone() and CC2420.startOssilatorDone(). As from the datasheet I can see approximately 1msec. Unlikely, starting a timer from an async event is not a great idea. I get a warning (of course) and from the oscilloscope I see that the active period become few milliseconds larger than usual (I think this is the effect of the warning).

Can you suggest me how to measure the time duration of each state where the radiochip might be? (not the transition time). Is there any component that I haven't seen?

Many thanks

Davide Pusceddu
Embedded Systems Software Researcher

NIMBUS CENTRE for Embedded Systems Research
http://nimbus.cit.ie
Department of Electronic Engineering - Cork Institute of Technology - Ireland