Great, I've managed to get the virtual box working using the tutorial below
http://systembash.com/content/ubuntos-ubuntu-9-10-tinyos-2-x-virtualbox-image/

I had previously tried xubuntos however it was running Ubuntu 7.04 which is EOL and mean't I couldn't update java without a massive headache.

I never figured out what was going wrong with the known targets directory..

Thanks for the help.

On , Prathap Mathiyalagan <pradha...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi
There is pre installed Xubuntu with Tinyos (xubuntos) it is perfectley working fine try this link's to solve your problem .... u can use xubuntos using VMware player or Virtual box in Linux or windows plateform ... check all Three links and choose which is confort for you

http://systembash.com/content/ubuntos-ubuntu-9-10-tinyos-2-x-virtualbox-image/

http://docs.tinyos.net/index.php/Installing_Xubuntos_in_VirtualBox
http://docs.tinyos.net/index.php/Installing_a_XubunTOS_Virtual_Machine_on_VMWare_Server

Regards,