On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 8:12 AM, Lyubomir Ivanov <n...@abv.bg> wrote:

> Hi Eric,
>
> Yes I want to do exactly this.

What you should do is figure out how to send single packets,   This is done
using various Send interfaces.  This is split phase so will be signalled by
SendDone.   Then you can send out the next packet.   Start with the
tutorials, then take a look at real code that does something similar to what
you are trying to do.   A good programmer copies and makes things better.

> One more thing is that I can not find something for measuring the noise
> floor. I know that this can be possible if a particular mote is an idle
> mode, just ready for receiving packets. In this case, can be get the Rssi,
> which will correspond to the background noise. But all I know is how to get
> Rssi when receiving packets. If you can help with that issue, it will be
> really nice.

No clue on this end.  Haven't messed with that so haven't looked at it.

What I would do is start with the chip documentation and figure out whether
the chip can provide this information when not actively receiving a packet.
 Then work up through the driver to figure out a good way to present this
information in a platform independent fashion.

--
Eric B. Decker
Senior (over 50 :-) Researcher