Hi,

We are using actively the imote2 for distributed signal processing under TinyOS.
I know that some other Spanish groups are using it as well.

The problem of going to Linux is that we would missed the possibility
of playing with an even-oriented OS, which most likely is gonna be the
standard approach for embedded systems in the mid term.

So we are trying to get best of both worlds; I mean, imote2 allows us
to play with signal processing (like real time non-linear adaptive
filtering) while at the same time let us practice with TinyOS. This
way we can port expensive applications to other platforms like MicaZ
or just interact with them. It is a matter of optimizing resources in
our research roadmap.

So I encourage to go on supporting imote2 for next TinyOS developments :-)

Best regards,
Sergio

PS: Let me forward this email to the intel-mote2 community to gather
more imote2+TinyOS users.