On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 1:52 AM, Prasanna Karthik V <
prasannakart...@cse.iitb.ac.in> wrote:

> For example, i would like to input a bit through SI in the rising edge of
> the clock and get the output SO in the falling edge of the clock.

It has been a while since I looked at the details of the SPI on the Msp430
(2618).   But if memory serves that is how it works.   But you hand it a
byte and that byte gets shifted out as it  shifts the input byte in from the
device.   I believe it clocks the outgoing bit on the rising edge and clocks
the incoming bit on the falling edge.

Rather than ask the list, you should be studying the h/w technical documents
provided by TI.   Or other appropriate mfg.

> Assembly gives more control over the bit level behavior. right?

No.

And why are you paying attention to this level of detail?

What problem are you trying to solve?

--
Eric B. Decker
Senior (over 50 :-) Researcher