Hello all,

I know that this question has been asked several times, but unfortunately all
of the proposed solutions do not work for me. I also tried to use some examples
from the tinyos apps/ folder, but that failed too. So, here is the standard
question:

I want to have an external C function, declared in hello.h and defined in
hello.c. Then, I want to include the header file into my tinyos app and to use
the function from inside the tinyos code. The makefile I prepared looks like
this (I got it from an example in this mailing list)

COMPONENT=BlinkAppC
LDFLAGS = hello.o
hello.c: hello.h
        $(CC) -o hello.o hello.c
include $(MAKERULES)

The cryptic error, which tiynos gives me is:

anna@ubuntu:~/tinyos/apps/Blink$ make telosb
mkdir -p build/telosb
    compiling BlinkAppC to a telosb binary
ncc -o build/telosb/main.exe  -Os -O -mdisable-hwmul -fnesc-separator=__ -Wall
-Wshadow -Wnesc-all -target=telosb -fnesc-cfile=build/telosb/app.c -board=
-DDEFINED_TOS_AM_GROUP=0x22 -DIDENT_APPNAME=\"BlinkAppC\"
-DIDENT_USERNAME=\"anna\" -DIDENT_HOSTNAME=\"ubuntu\"
-DIDENT_USERHASH=0xf53e043cL -DIDENT_TIMESTAMP=0x4e9fd666L
-DIDENT_UIDHASH=0x6d89c825L -DCC2420_NO_ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS  BlinkAppC.nc -lm
In file included from BlinkAppC.nc:45:
In component `BlinkC':
BlinkC.nc:52: two or more data types in declaration of `Boot.booted'
BlinkC.nc:53: conflicting types for `Boot.booted'
/opt/tinyos-2.1.1/tos/interfaces/Boot.nc:49: previous declaration of
`Boot.booted'
BlinkC.nc: In function `Timer0.fired':
BlinkC.nc:61: implicit declaration of function `hello'
make: *** [exe0] Error 1

What is happening? How to solve this issue?

Thanks a lot,
Anna

--
Dr. Anna Förster