This is Ms.Manjula.R, research scholar at IIT kharagpur,West Bengal, India

tinyos-2.1.1 or 2.0.2 have no platform called PC,  hence i'm unable to
compile program for this platform.   But tinyos-1.x
supports.   Then can't we practice tinyos programs with only PC ,
i.e., with out the actual sensor motes?  Because the tutorial  on the
tinyos web is for tinyos-2.x and it's 1st chapter deals with inserting a mote
to a PC and then run them.  As i'm new to this field, initially i would
like to work with only simulator and stand alone PC.  Is there any
provision to learn Tinyos programming, without any hardware requirement other
then the Desktop PC? IF yes please let me know it.
thanking you
yours sincerely

R.MANJULA