Hello everyone,

I am trying to design an home automation system with telosb nodes, right
now I have only two nodes, one node is plugged into my laptop as a sink for
data reception using BaseStation and the other is equipped with a light
sensor and use Oscilloscope to transfer data to the BaseStation node, where
the data are forwarded to my laptop thanks to the serial forwarder.
Therefore I am receiving my light sensor data on the laptop and I can treat
it. But I need to send command like turn on/off the light to an RF to X10
converter (X10 being a type of communication used in home automation
system) then this command is send to an X10 switch. The RF signal needs to
come from the nodes, this means that I need that sometimes the BaseStation
nodes to receive and sometimes to transmit, is there an application ready
for this ?
Another problem is that the RF to X10 converter is not a node I assume that
he will detect when a RF signal is within range and convert it
automatically but I am not sure about that so if anyone has some more
information or has ever built a system like this, some help would be great
:)
Have a very good day. Regards,

--
Arthur Baudry