Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone here has got any interesting (900MHz) 802.15.4
testbed setups? What I would like to do here is to connect up a bunch of
nodes via an RF matrix switch/mixer/attenuator, so I can run deterministic
tests on the meshing functionality. The ability to control the strength of
the signal received at each node on a per-source basis is the key feature
I'm after. For now something on the order of 4-6 nodes would be quite
sufficient. I haven't had any success finding any commercial equipment (or
even DIY) available to enable this type of setup. Has anyone here done
anything similar and can provide some recommendations?

My fall-back position will be to do this in a software layer above the
radio driver, but I would very much prefer to be able to do it in hardware
if possible. Simply distributing nodes around the place will not be
sufficient for the testing I want to do, and it would also be a pain to
firmware upgrades since we haven't got over-the-air upgrades going (yet).

Thanks in advance,
/Johny
--
Johny Mattsson