hi,
Have you installed TinyOS from tinyos ubuntu repositories? I guess, yes.
 Instead of that, try to follow those steps:

1) Uninstall any common tools and compilers from tinyos repository..
2) Install those packages... from ubuntu repositories (It may be need of
canonical community repositories be enabled)
        build-essential,sun-java6-jdk,python-all-dev,automake,
        avarice,avr-libc,avrdude,binutils-avr,
        gcc-avr,gdb-avr,subversion,alien,graphviz
3) Go
http://docs.tinyos.net/tinywiki/index.php/Installing_TinyOS_2.1.1#Manual_installation_on_your_host_OS_with_RPMs
and download pxa27x- Tools ( if you need them) , TI MSP430 Tools (if you
need them), NesC and Deputy, for linux. You can install rpm packages
using alien -i <package_name>
Note : DO NOT INSTALL tinyos-tools package

4)Download tinyos source code using svn
   svn checkout http://tinyos-main.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ tinyos-2x

5)Compile and install tinyos-tools
        cd tinyos-2x/tools
        ./Bootstrap
        ./configure --prefix=$HOME/local/tosTools
        make all
        make install
 --prefix is optional... That's the directory tinyosTools will be
installed

6) Setting env variables
   I've put tinyos source in $HOME/local/src/tinyos-2x folder.
   I 've made a script file like next:
        #!/bin/bash
        echo "Setting TinyOs 2 enviroment variables!"
        export PATH=$HOME/local/tosTools/bin:$PATH
        export TOSROOT=$HOME/local/src/tinyos-2x
        export TOSDIR=$TOSROOT/tos
        export MAKERULES=$TOSROOT/support/make/Makerules
        export CLASSPATH=$TOSROOT/support/sdk/java/tinyos.jar:.
        export PYTHONPATH=.:$TOSROOT/support/sdk/python:$PYTHONPATH
        export PATH=$TOSROOT/support/sdk/c:$PATH
   made it executable and added the next lines at the end of ~/.bashrc
file
        # TinyOS enviroment variables

        source $HOME/local/src/tinyos-env.sh

Hope that was helpful enough!.