Dear all,

Has anybody solved the problem to communicate Telosb mote to any RS232
Device different than PC?

I would like to integrate a external sensor to Telosb mote via RS232
interface. In order to to that, I first tried to communicate Telosb mote
with PC (using a Serial monitor software) and everything was right. After
that, I tested to communicate PC and RS232 sensor and everything was right.
Finally, when I tried to send from Telosb the same message as sent from PC
to the RS232 sensor I don't get any response from RS232 device. I am
thinking about three possibilities:

- Signal amplification (the mote could not provide the same level as the PC
can)
- Handshaking issue (The PC is sending handshaking bytes as DTE which are
not sent by the mote)
- Synchronization issue

Could anybody provide me any clue about this issue?

Thanks a lot
David